Policies and Legal notes:
All fees associated with equipment and/or transpo are due and must clear the bank in full 1 day prior to scheduled equipment pickup or 3 days prior if shoot falls on a Monday. Please ask if you require separate invoices for labor and equipment/transpo.
-All labor fees are due the last day of principal photography or once weekly on multi-week projects.
All crew members referred by GG&L are private contactors and are responsible for their own
Deal Memos, taxes, invoices, payments, medical tests etc.
-labor rates are for 12 hours maximum
-no less than 10 hour turnaround between consecutive work shifts.
-automatic "portal to portal" billable hours when travel time exceeds 1 hour each way.
-GG&L Does not provide any insurance.
-acceptable room and board must be provided by production on all overnight, multi-day jobs.
-No "half-day" rates
-Insurance must be provided by client on a per job basis. Insurance must include Liabilty and Rented Equipment coverage and location liability.
-Additionally Insured vendors must be added to COI no less then 4 days prior to first day of principal photography.
1.cancellations of crew less than 2 business days prior to shoot incur a $150 per person cancellation fee (kill fee)
2.jobs booked on a friday for a monday shoot require full upfront payment. Jobs booked on a friday for a monday shoot may have limited options for equipment add-ons or options available
3. Sub rental equipment pick up and return, location scouts and travel days may incur additional full or half-day fees
4. One company move a day, additional company moves will incur additional costs or may not be possible based on equipment logistics.
5. 2022 gas fee applies $75/day and up depending on location
7. no equipment may be used in water
8. David Goodman Goodman Grip And Light assumes no liability or responsibility for damages to or by equipment rented from a 3rd party vendor
9.Certificate Of Insurance required for all equipment rentals. COI must be provided by each individual production company and is job specific. 10.David Goodman and GoodmanGripCo and Goodman Grip And Light does not provide any insurance of any kind.
11.David Goodman and GoodmanGripCo and Goodman Grip And Light assumes no responsibility for damages or injuries caused during the normal course of filming/content creation due to equipment or otherwise.
12.All individuals (crew members) and companies referred by David Goodman are private contractors and are responsible for their own taxes, deal memos, invoices, medical tests, payments etc.
13.All productions are required to have the appropriate filming permits and permissions as provided for by each individual county law and regulation concerning filming, special effects, street closures etc.
14.When working on public or private streets or where vehicles are being powered and/or moved/repositioned; all safety gear is to be provided by each individual production company to each crew member/employee ie safety vests, fall protection, traffic cones, safety and or traffic lighting, street closures,
15.Prices/Rates are subject to change without notice. Quoted Labor Rates are subject to the approval of each individual crew member.
16. 30 day net invoices require a deal memo. 30 day net invoices may not qualify for discounts on labor, pickup/delivery or transportation. 30 day net invoices include holidays and weekends (I work holidays and weekends, so do my invoices. I do not keep "bankers hours")
18. All invoices left open after 30 days incur an additional 10% every month of non-payment
19. in the absence of a contract or deal memo the section on this website titled "LEGAL" and "Policies" and the legal terms on in house invoices shall apply
20. No half-day billing except in the case of consulting and/or travel
21. In the absence of a deal memo or contract stating otherwise; Payment for labor is due on the day services are performed or at the end of a designated block of days or every 1 (one) weeks on jobs exceeding 2 weeks. Payroll jobs exempt.
22. Lighting plans, lighting techniques and lighting equipment knowledge used on projects is the result of the experience and exposure of the gaffer/Lighting Director and is the sole intellectual property of said gaffer/Lighting director.
23. Safety issues may prevent the use of some equipment in some situations. David Goodman as acting Department Key will determine if something is unsafe, will take appropriate action or inaction and will advise production of any unsafe conditions.
24. GG&L does not provide insurance of any kind. GG&L and David Goodman will not be liable for any injuries or damages while working.
25. Lost or Damaged equipment must be payed for by production.
26. A full time set Medic must be present on all jobs with 20 or more crew and all overnight/out of town jobs regardless of crew size.
27. A min half hour, unpaid, break must be offered no more then 6 hours after call time, regardless of morning catering or food offerings.
28. A minimal continental offering and lunch required for all 12 hour work days; 2nd meal required for any and all agreed upon overtime hours.